Hey everyone!

I was out fishing this weekend, and wasn't sure what I would fish for (new spot). When I got there, I noticed the water was about 5 or 6 feet deep at the most. Out in the distance I saw some gigantic fish silhouettes (sp?). I was almost positive they were catfish. I also saw a couple of nice sized bass and some decent sized panfish near the banks.

So, not being sure which I should go after, I tied on a popper to entice some of the bass and panfish. No luck. So, I switched flies a few times and gave up on the location. I decided to walk up and down the river a little and maybe get an idea of what the fish were feeding on.

That's when I noticed the large fish I couldn't really recognize were carp. They were tipping down to eat off the river floor. So, I tied on a GRHE and tried to trick one.

My presentation, however, was sorely lacking. I promptly scared off all the fish in the area.

That's pretty much how my day went from there. I didn't catch a thing, and broke the top piece of my fly rod to boot.

Oh well, I'm really psyched that I have a place to sight fish for carp now. Time to tie up some traditional flies for once!

Cheers!