We live just east of KC in Independence. I fish at Lake Paradise Camping Resort about 45 min. away from here. It's a 300 acre, membership camping facility which has 5 medium-small lakes stocked anually with channel catfish. One lake is stocked for trout season each year as "put&take." All of them have bluegill & bass, a couple of the lower ones have crappie and at least 3 have carp.
Crayfish aren't too bad, bullfrogs vary from year to year, we have a resident blue heron and far too many geese this year, since nobody got around to oiling the eggs.
Mayflies are doing well recently, sulphurs about an inch and a half long are the regular fare. Dragonflies are good, as well.
The only permanent structures on the property belong to the membership. Members all pay the same amount in dues each year and they get 40 nights free camping annually. They're free to camp on any site available with whatever type of rig they have, a few sites are tent/awning prohibitive since electrical lines are not buried very deep. All sites have electric and water and very many have sewer. Memberships are $950 the first year and $425 annually thereafter.
The resort requires use of their own fishing permits and state permits are not required. Permit moneys help pay for stocking.

I'm not trying to sell the place, just wanted to answer the "frequently asked questions" that tend to follow. We've been members there since 1978, originally with my parents then after I left the USAF my wife and I acquired our own membership. Great place to take the kids. Huge pool. They have a ".org" website.

------------------
There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim