I was out fishing today with a yellow Gartside Gurgler, and I caught a monster bass. It was 1 lb 7 ounces. A few posts ago I said that I caught a 2 lb bass, but now that I think about it, it was smaller. I did not weigh the "2" lb bass.

Here is the story:

I was out fishing on the side of the pond. There are rocks that form the outside of the pond. This where I noticed most of the fish like to hide. I casted, but I casted about four feet away from the rocks. I slowly retreived the fly and then recasted. The fly hit about two feet from the rocks. I retreive the fly until it was near a pile of algea, and I started to pick the fly up. I was at the point of recasting when the line is tight and the fly starts to move when I heard the FLOOMP. I waited until I felt the fish on the line, like I was told, and set the hook. It was a perfect set. I saw the bass jump straight up in the air and try to shake the hook off. He swam, no he flew out to the middle of the lake and stripped most of my line out. I fought that bass for three minutes until I finally netted him. That is the biggest bass I have caught on a fly rod. I took a couple of pictures, but I won't be able to post them for a few weeks. Man, I'm hooked!