Found this site recently and decided to pass on a story. I learned to Flyfish in New England, Mass and NH mostly. I move a lot and when I left NE I went to Texas, right outside Dallas. While learning my way around I noticed some real skinny water by the side of the road leading to the dump, where I was taking the latest batch of moving boxes. I always keep a 5wt in the back of the truck so I pulled over and tried out a few foam spiders just for the fun. Not two minutes later a "local" pulls up in a pickup and comes down and joins me by the side of the puddle. "There's no trout in this water." he says. I explain that I am fishing for Bluegills and Bass. As if on que a little 1 lb bank runner sucks down the spider and gives me a minor fit before I can get him up and release him. My vistor is speechless. He leaves without saying a word, gets in his truck and squirts gravel and dirt down the side of the road. In about two more minutes he's back, but this time he has a buddy with him and for the next hour or so I am teaching two Texans that flyrods are for more than trout. We had a blast. Now I always carry an extra 5 wt in addition to my new 2 wt. for the next occasion when I can show the un-initiated what flyfishing is about.

Clint in Draffenvill KY
Bluegill Budd

------------------
Wise men still seek HIM...