+ Reply to Thread

Thread: night bassin'

Default night bassin'

Didn't have one of those heavy fly-rod Hula Poppers, but used a black deerhair Dalhberg Diver. Owls were going crazy. Coyotes in the distance. Largest looked to be about a 2.5 pounder, most between that and 3/4 pounds. Nice reflection from the moon. Beautiful night. My wife and I had gone early in the afternoon to a different pond where she caught her first flyrod bass and couldn't stop talking about the "explosion." Her goal was to catch at least one bass and brought several to her hand. Driving down to MO I told her my goal was to do some night fly fishing because I hadn't done it for so long. To me that's one of the coolest moments in our sport. Just love it. PS, once my wife lost her Gurgle Pop we tied on a Jitterbee. When she saw I was on here she said, "Tell you friend I loved his jitter thing." There you go, Roger! JGW

JITTERBEES RULE!!!!

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:75291]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:75291]

I loved John Gierach's story about it!Between you and him,you've driven me to try it.

I love Fly Rod Hula Poppers. They're getting hard to find. Last time I saw some I bought the store out so I've got a pretty good supply now. They get bunged up pretty easily. I used one last night with a prince nymph as a dropper and had the best bluegill action of the year. Caught some real bulls. After hearing so much on this board about using a dropper system for big bluegills, I thought I'd give it a try and man, what a night. Thanks FAOL! Didn't catch any bass on the popper.

+ Reply to Thread