+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nice getting out

Default Nice getting out

It's been awhile thanks to the newspaper and other obligations. Nat, our exchange student from Thailand, and I went last night and he caught his first bass and a very nice crappie. "This made my day," he told me later as we drove home in lightning and an approaching storm. We just got the canoe lashed to the top of the truck when the rain started. This morning at a different lake I did quite well with bluegill and a couple of bass. Between Nat and I we will have a nice little fish fry tonight, perhaps his last before going home on the 21st. JGW

[This message has been edited by white43 (edited 11 June 2005).]

Nat will obviously take some great memories home with him. Enjoy the fish fry & I wish him a safe journey when he leaves.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Where does Nat hail from in Thiland? His is a beautiful country with a friendly helpful people.
    There is a resturant (maybe?!) in Korat with a full blown fireplace! Myself (Spec 4 Army 9th RRU, Phillipines) and Sgt. Jack West (1st Special Forces, Okinawa) built during our offduty hours, this was 1963. The owner kept our unit supplied with fresh baked bread during our tour there.
    Lots of stories there.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than when I got here!

Cactus

Right in Bangkok. We have a great cookbook that shows a lot of the country, and it looks quite beautiful. When Nat caught his bass he said, "finally!" Never thought that particular word would sound so beautiful. And our fish fry was wonderful. Only thing missing was some guacamole, or however you spell the danged word. JGW

Maybe Nat can send you some photos of the city from atop the "Golden Mountain". Breathtaking!!
    Do they still use Elephants to log teak? My 1963 Christmas card was a photo of me riding one!

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than when I got here!

Cactus

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 13 June 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread