When I first started carp fishing, I got frustrated and started chumming them with corn in the shallows. I still don't feel guilty one bit about any of those fish I caught.

I don't do it any longer 'cause I figured out the bread tossers for the local duck population take care of that detail for me. Either way you add it, it's the same thing though.

If you feel it's unethical, then start justifying. Shoot after a couple of carp in the double digits and enough time to fabricate excuses your bruised morality will come through just fine. You shouldn't even be fishing for such a lowly creature as a carp to begin with. The act alone justifies any method .

Don't be fooled into thinking just 'cause you got 'em on the chum, it's a gimme. They're still a hard fish to catch.

Cheap dog food is wonderful floating chum. I have to use corn as floating chum lasts a couple of seconds in my parts... Way too many ducks, geese and coot in the parks around here.

If really well conditioned to human intervention, then you can scratch the hard fish to catch part above. Watching the tourists feed the carp at any of Lake Mead's marenas is a scary experience.

Later,
Jambalaya