Mad at myself.

Went fishing over lunch, and caught a few gills and a few crappie. I was having a lot of fun when a bass just HAD to ruin it!

There he was, just at the edge of the weeds. Swimming around looking for something to do. So I put a gurgler close by, which caught his interest. He was moving toward it when I slipped on the grass and was seen. Strike one, he dashed under the weeds for a while.

Well I moved down the bank a bit and caught a couple more fish including a little 8 inch bass, when I saw him back in position.

I stayed where I was and dropped the gurgler back by him. He was again interested and drifted up to look it over. Then he just sat there, about an inch below it. So, I twiched it just enough to move it. He moved closer. Then, ever so slowly he opened his mouth and took the gurgler. I thought I was smart and counted 1 thousand 2 then set the hook. The adrenalin was too much though. I set it too hard and snapped the tipped just beyond the hok eye. Mr bass dashed back under the weeds, with that gurgler in his lip. I saw it as he went.

I fished for a few more minutes and then had to head back to work, and as I passed his holding spot I looked and he was still hiding, but my gurgler was floating there at the edge of the weeds. Just about 3 feet past where I could reach it with my rod tip.

One of these days I will not set the hook too hard when that happens, but not today!

Don