I've not managed to fish much lately. Life just plain has me too busy... but somehow I managed to get to the local park 30 minutes before closing the other day.

I grew quite excited as I slowly approached my favorite flats as several big carp were mudding. My favorite scenario...

I spooked a couple at first. Then settled in and picked out and stalked a nice fat fish that was happilly feeding. It was easily bigger than any carp I've hooked or landed to date. I only had 10 minutes left and I needed time to land him. A couple of false casts and I laid it out perfectly into my target zone. The fly quickly reached the shallow bottom as the fish approached and gave the fly an ever so slight twitch. I see the carp turn and ...

Tap... Tap... Fish on... man did my heart explode... then to my suprise, I landed the 1/2 lb bass that must've darted in front of the carp to get the fly. To be truthful I was a bit unhappy with my largemouth friend at first, but as I drove home, I couldn't help but appreciate the experience of landing that little guy. Big or little, with only 30 minutes I'm happy to have caught a fish at all...

Just thought I'd share that with you guys,

Jambalaya