+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend fishing reports for the week ending 5/01/05

Default Weekend fishing reports for the week ending 5/01/05

Well, what happened? I know you had fun. I noticed some of you posted on last weeks report which is OK. Here's the "good the bad and the ugly" for me:
    1. The "good": I fished Sunday afternoon and caught a bunch of various sunfish and crappie and small to medium sized bass. Fished from the tube. Mostly used the 2 wt but I occassionally threw some bigger flies with the 4 wt. I fished just before a cold front blew in and the fish really turned it on as they often do around here just before a front blows in.
    2. The "bad": I only got to fish a half day this weekend because I went to Texas to a bird dog training seminar.
    3. The "ugly": I lost a huge bass when she jumped and pulled loose. I estimate her to be 7 or 8 lbs. Of course they always look bigger in the air than they actually are. But none the less, she was a big, big girl for my part of the planet.

The good-Got out on the Canoochee for the first time this year. I've usually been at it for about a month by now, but the weather has stunk.
    The Bad- Fishing was very slow. 1 little redbreast on saturday, one crappie on sunday
    The Ugly- The gators are still feeling a bit amourous I think. Every one I saw showed me its back as it swam away. (that's gator for "watch it, Boy!")

Swamp

[This message has been edited by swamp rat (edited 02 May 2005).]

I got a very nice 13" Spotted Bass on Sunday morning. Also caught a smaller bass and a blue gill.

We've gone deep-freeze up here the past two weeks. Robert, are you pimping us because fate put you in Oklahoma? JGW

The good-Summer is just around the corner.

The bad - Snowed/rained all weekend.

The ugly- Monday night. Snowing like its December. Still tying season I guess.

------------------
    If flyfishing were a sin, I'de be the devil's right hand man.

JGW,
    Not pimping you at all, my man. Like I always tell you, your day will come. My Daddy always said "the sun doesn't shine on the same dog's a$$ all the time". I know with all that good water you have up there, your time's coming and when I'm suffering those 100 degree dog days here, you'll be cooling your heels up in the green North country. Robert.

12 Bluegill, One of them the biggest I've caught yet, 8 Crappie, 5 or 6 6" baby bass. Lots of fun!

I fished Sunday for a couple hours in a local pond. Landed 3 Bass, well 2 and beached one! I started out fishing for pan fish and had a Micro Gurgle tied on in size 12 when I got a hit. I wasn't expecting it and set the hook a wee bit to hard, thought to my self, that didn't look right as the end of the fly line whizzed by my head with something silvery on it. Thought must be a fish so I revered the direction of the line to try to get the fish back in the water and only the fly came back. I turned just as my Son did to see a 4 to 5 inch bass flopping on the bank. He waded over an put it back in the pond. Had to put up with his ribbing all afternoon. I bet that bass will long remember its maiden Flight!

Caught 2 other bass that would go a pound maybe a pound and a quarter. My son caught several bluegill and green sun fish.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread