+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which of you will confess to the ultimate sin?

I try to use the right tool for the right job. Most of my fishing (98%) is with a fly rod. That is what I enjoy and what gives me the most pleasure. But I wouldn't hesitate to take a spinning rod or bait caster if the situation warranted. Not to do so would be foolish. IMHO.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I have 3 young'ins to take fishing....do you think that a 4yr old is going to Flyfish???...lol..ok maybe some do..but their teachers have one thing I don't posses..Patience...unlike my father I am not as Jobe.....

------------------
    "Wish ya great fishing"
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

whos askin'??
    Hell if they aint taking flies why not?

I'd say I do 75% spinfishing, 25% baitcasting, and 25% fly fishing. I like fly-fishing the best but there aren't a whole lot of fly fishing oppurtunities close to my house once the stocked trout are gone. Then of course there's bowfishing for carp, but often I do that in combination with the others.

90 percent fly fishing, but:

Some of the little canals off the lake I fish are so covered with canopy and so narrow I can't use a short fly rod even. I keep an ultralight spinning rod in the boat for such occasions.

And I admit, shamelessly, that while I no longer enjoy throwing spinnerbaits, crankbaits or such, I do enjoy fishing plastic worms, and do so now and then just for the hell of it.

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:73b5c]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:73b5c]

WOW! You had me skeerd for a minute there. I thought you wuz talkin about puttin live bait on a fly rod.
    I caught my son doin it once. I had to explain things to him in a good old fashioned father/son talk.
    It's not in the catchin... it's in the fishin. If you just enjoy the fishin, the catchin will come all by it's self.

Rusty <><

Blog Entries

ooh me me me me!! And I did it with a Sponge Bob spincast rod when my little one grew bored with catching all those perch. I was still getting a kick out of it so I kept right on.

Of course now we are all big boys and a Sponge Bob or Scooby Doo rig is soooo passe' - he can cast a spinning rod so has stated as much.

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:3a31d]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:3a31d]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

JH, RW here,

Ahaaaa!, I just now read this thread, and I notice you said you are (Ahem!!) using "graphite" for your redears now. Not risking anymore of that boo eh? Looks like I'm gonna have to come down there and tame them little crackers with my 1-weight...put em in their place...show em who's boss!

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Dang, Robert. I was pure until today. We went to explore a new lake, and I put the ultralites and the fly gear in the car.

Forgive me, but when we got there, it seemed only reasonable to explore the lake bed for depth, ledges, and such with weighted grubs.

I could have just said we were depth charting, 'cept for those fiesty LMB that took too keen an interest.

Pray for me,

Jim

Hey,
    You don't have to confess to feel good again. The Pope is from Munchen in the heart of good Trout and Greyling fishing! Heck, chances are he was a fisherman and, perhaps still may be a worm dunker or something. Maybe he sneaks off at night to visit his favorite stream as Charlemagne took off to visit his lady friend(s). Think of St Peter! Dang didn't he use nets or was that a different peter? I'm an agnostic so I may be wrong in some of the above...but I did have perfect attendance in Sunday school 'til I was 10.

Ol' Bill

+ Reply to Thread