Once you find the holding areas in the lake what lure movement/presentation do you find most productive. Such as: sink to bottom raise in 6 inch strips with 2-5 sec delays.
SLOW . Assumption: subsurface flies are implied. I let it sink to the bottom and then strip it in very slow, stop (2-5 seconds sounds about right) and start, like short finger over finger strips (with very little or no current). I guess about one or two inch short strips and mixed up in sequence might describe it better. It largely depends on how much current is present. For a faster current, I usually but not always use a faster retrieve. Sometimes I let the current do the work for me but add extra fly movement using the fly line. I never use the fly rod tip to impart fly motion (unlike a spinning rod where I do use the rod tip) because it puts me in a bad position for a good hook set (I impart fly motion only with the fly line). I feel bites through the fly line, not the rod tip anyway. I use the rod tip to set the hook, not the fly line, because I tend to miss fewer fish by hook setting on the rod tip.

------------------
Robert B. McCorquodale
Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 20 April 2005).]