+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superstitions.

Default Superstitions.

Do you have any fishing superstitions or do you know someone who does? Or, what's the strangest one you've ever heard?

I believe anytime mourning doves are cooing, it's a good time to be on the water.

I believe on still water if you catch an above average sized bluegill on a first cast to a lie, you should cast back to it several times because he was probably sharing it with a medium sized LMB.

Jim

I always wet my face with the water I'm about to fish,I can't really remember why but I'm too chicken to stop!

NO Bananas.
    Long story but:
    No bananas on my boat, in my bag, or even in my truck.
    Yes I got no Bananas,
    I got no bananas today
    I got bass and bluegills
    I got trout and redfish.
    BUT I got no bananas today.
    I got rainbows, browns and cuts.
    But I got no bananas today.

ol Al

------------------
    Ol' Flysoup
    Flycasting is as easy as flysoup

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

My wife has got to say "I hope you catch some fish, Dear," as I go out the door. If she complains about the lawn, or walking the dog, I know that I'm doomed. The woman has supernatural powers. When she wishes me good luck, I do well!

I am also starting to believe the superstition about saying the word "WIND" at any time during the planning stage, transportation stage, or fishing stage of a trip. Speak the devil's name and he shall appear, big time! 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

[This message has been edited by Eight Thumbs (edited 08 April 2005).]

Like 8t, I don't like to talk about the wind. If I say something like "it looks like the wind may lay", it'll surely get stronger just to spite me. Another thing you never do is brag about how good the fishing's been to a friend. If you do, it'll surely be bad when he goes with you.
    I had a dear old friend that believed it was bad luck to catch a fish on the first cast. I'm just the opposite. I think it's a good omen because if you don't catch one on the first cast, well then you can't catch one on every cast.

If you leave your raingear or dry change of clothes behind it's just about pre ordained you are going to get soaked!

Spin

------------------

[This message has been edited by Spin (edited 09 April 2005).]

It's bad luck to wash your vest...

If the cows are lying down in the field, then the fish aren't bitin'.

+ Reply to Thread