I recently expanded my fly box addiction. I added a blue system x for my bluegill flies, a green system x for carp flies, a big cliff for terrestrials, and a bugger barn for all my smallie and trout streamers.

This is where it gets tricky. For the past 5 years I have owned a boat, motor and trailer that I could not use. The trailer fell apart. The mounts that held the frame to the part that held the boat were made of rubber and had rotted away. I searched for someway to fix these mounts for 5 years, all the while going without a boat and having to wade the shore for my gill and bass fishing. I had a float tube for a while but did not care for fishing in it.

Well friday I finally found the mount. The old mount had a part number on it and the name of the manufacturer. You have to understand, this prt is probably 40 years old. It is an old old elgin trailer. Anyway, the company that made it is still in business. I called them and they were able to set me up with the new part number. They are on their way to me as we speak.

Now, I made all these fly box purchases last week and the week before not knowing that this season I would have a boat to use instead of wading. So I am wondering , since I will wear one of those inflatable life jackets, and do not want a fly vest or chest pack in the boat, what to do. I dont necessarily want my fly boxes flopping around in the boat.

Should I look into one of those ocean fly boxes for all my warmwater flies? Such as this one? [url=http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml;jsessionid=4NKU0Q2BWW1MVTQSNOKCCN4OCJVZ OIWE?id=0023259317649a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ ven=srchdx&cm_ite=s:cdb13]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml;jsessionid=4NKU0Q2BWW1MVTQSNOKCCN4OCJVZ OIWE?id=0023259317649a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ ven=srchdx&cm_ite=s[/url:cdb13] rchdx&_requestid=57013

That option still leaves me up in the air for what to do with my tippet, spare spools etc.
Maybe a tackle bag, like bass fishers use? Hell maybe a regular tackle box or something?

How about it boat fisherman? What do you use?