Poke,

This is the fly I used that day.

For lack of a better name call it a Descent Carey, 'cause I dubbed the body with Descent Dubbing. I originally made it to pursue panfish with, but it turned out to be real effective on carp. I usually cast to tailing fish so the flash helps them see the fly in the water, but I've had fish move up to 6 ft to gobble this fly. This fly also sinks like a rock once the marabou tail is saturated.

Lately, I've been using the yellow ccc(I don't bother soaking the eyes in salt water) that was a fly of the week awhile back. It's as effective and it's a bit more weedless.

My carping is mainly sight casting to tailing fish at a nearby park with a couple of large ponds. Lotsa kids throwing bread to the ducks, which also brings in carp to clean up the scraps. It usually doesn't take me long to find tailing fish. If I find tailers I can almost guarantee a couple of fish at least. I don't always find 'em though, and on those days I just enjoy my stroll though the park. The upper pond has grass carp, but I've not tried to catch one as of yet. I've mostly been having fun with the big common carp that are abundant in the lower pond.

Hope this helps,
Jambalaya