Howdy Rex and Robert,
The North Texas Fly Casters is a Yahoo group that meets around north Dallas/Richardson area of Tx.
Roger had an Idea that maybe some others would like to meet. He would fix burgers and name a place to meet. Some of the others have taken on the Saturday casting meeting.
I live about 105 miles and it is a bit of a trip for me to make many meetings. I did a few to start and found it great execept for the Wind and Rain that liked to come on the Saturday we met.
I would say to pick a place that is safe to cast. City parks and such work well. Put up some signs in local shops and on the internet. Post on local boards like Texasflyreport.com or FAOL warm water.
You can get a few coming and the rest follow. Hard part is place to cast that can be found and used on a Saturday. As the days get longer you can do a evening casting too.
I am working 6 days 12 hours with Wed. off. untill mid. May. But if I can I would like to make a meeting in your area.
E mail me for details if you would like.

Robert,
The fishing is just getting started with the longer days The Golden alga did its killing again this year in the Brazos River.
Will let you know if the sandies get up the Paluxy River should be this week. One of the few that were not hit.
ol Al

------------------
Ol' Flysoup
Flycasting is as easy as flysoup