+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PONTOON BOATS

Default PONTOON BOATS

I AM LOOKING AT 2 LOW END BOATS @ CABELLA'S, CREEK CO ODC VS C.C. SPORT, BASICALLY SAME SIZE/WEIGHT/CAPACITY, DIFFERENT SEAT AND $100 PRICE DIFFERENCE. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE W/ EITHER OF THESE? WOULD I BE BETTER OFF GOINGING FOR HIGHER QUALITY, 6 FT 7 IN 300 POUNDS, PONDS,LAKES,SLOW MOVING STREAMS?

The ODC Sport costs less than the ODC 816 that I have. The Sport has a steel frame. The 816 has an aluminum frame. The aluminum frame is lighter and less corrosive. I like my 816 catamaran. No problems or complaints and I fish lakes with it mostly. Size of mine is 7ft.X4.5ft. It weighs 45lbs and has a capacity of 375lbs. The Sport has the same capacity but it weighs 55lbs. Lifetime warrantee on non-metal parts so the pontoons are covered (it also comes with a patch kit and fast 2-way air pump). My 816 has the old style padded seat (like on the Sport) that I like better than the new plastic one. Its your choice. Both are good cats for the price.

I later added an anchor, rod holder, and depth/fish finder on mine.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 23 March 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

thanks,
    that is just the info i needed!

I just got the sport version for my birthday. I will tell you this, it is a blatant lie that is weighs 55 pounds. Think #75. After I got over the weight I have enjoyed it thoroughly. I took it out today and mapped the bottom of a lake.

I think with your size you might look at a bigger boat with a greater weight capacity.

I will tell you this, it is a blatant lie that is weighs 55 pounds.
    Well, that's the weight specification advertised for it anyway . They are fun boats.

I agree that with only 75lbs of spare capacity left, a larger capacity cat might be better especially if you add an anchor or ever load camping, coolers, or other gear.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 29 March 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

got the boat yesterday, 55 pounds in indeed a gross misrepresentation!

+ Reply to Thread