+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The First Dunking of my grandson...

Default The First Dunking of my grandson...

is out of the way already. My son and I took the two grandsons out fishing yesterday. The almost 2 year old decided to end the suspense and take a dunking while I was stringing up his 5 year old brothers rod. Didn't seem to faze him a bit. After the initial shock was over... which probably lasted all of 5 seconds... he was right back at it. I think he was probably more mad about getting wet than anything. The boy is going to be the death of me yet. His brother is just stubborn enough to sit til he catches something. I ended up chasing the two year old all over the pond while his daddy sat and laughed. Ducks, puppies, whatever. If they were around, the two year old chased them. But Grampa got the last laugh. I got to go home and not worry about giving the muddy two year old a bath. But I did buy pizza for supper. Our Friday ritual.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

maddog...gunna guess...it probably won't be the last time either!
    What wonderful memories you are making, not only the kids, but for you and your son. Enjoy every minute.

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Maddog, Those are the trips we remember forever. The trips that you have when everything goes more or less as planned blend, but the little misadventures become the classic memories. You made me nostalgic for the first few trips with my son and late father... thanks! Jim

------------------
    "Knowledge is knowing, wisdom is understanding"

Boy was I wrong. The 2 year old got the last laugh. I went back yesterday to pick them up for fishing again. His dad decided the 2 year old was going to stay home. He made the decision and the young un ended up being mad at Papa and wouldn't come to me. That didn't last long though. It only took a little "pout" from Papa and he felt sorry for me and came to me to give me a hug. So... all's well.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

+ Reply to Thread