+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Goal?

Default What's Your Goal?

Being strictly into the tying and rod wrapping mode up here in the frozen tundra, much dreaming is going on. Thinking about new challenges for the year. This summer my target species will be smallies on the Mississppi. How about you? Criteria: New water (in my case) or a new species ... with a fly rod! JGW

John,
    Same here!! Stream/river smallies on the fly are my number 1 goal (new flyrod species) this year, plus I'm gonna try to take a carp as well.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Same as Mike. Carp, carp, carp. I intend to pick up where I left off last year with them. I can't wait to get back at it. I want to discover more and more good carpin' waters within, say, a 2 hour drive of the house. I've got tournament bass fishermen friends scouting for me and I intend to do lots of scouting on my own. My goal is to catch a 20 pounder. I'll probably have it mounted if and when I do. I've added a 20 pound carp to my list of fish I'd mount to go along with a 10 pound bass (9lbs 5oz is my biggest so far) or a 30 lb. striper (25 lbs is my biggest). So if I caught a 20 lb. carp, it would be my first fish mount. A big largemouth or a big striper up until now are the only 2 fish I'd mount but I think the carp is now "worthy" enough to go on my wall. Of course these fish would have to come from my native waters. I know, for example, a 10 lb bass in California is not a trophy.

I want to become more proficient casting left handed.

I want to get my tying room more organized so I really know what I have.

Rick

My spring goals are to become more familiar with the water around my new home town (Stillwater, OK). Of course, that mostly pertains to carp. I'd like to catch a 20 as well, but I don't have any plans for it other than putting it back where it came from. I don't think I'd even have a wall big enough here at the fraternity house!

For this summer, that will depend on my work situation. If I can get a job that takes me out of Oklahoma I'll settle for getting familiar with whatever I find when I get where I'm going. If I get a job that keeps me living in my other new home town (SW Oklahoma City) I'll be trying to get familiar with the water there. Specifically the Canadian River. My house is only a mile and a half away as the crow flies, and I think it has some good carp and gar potential.

I want to tie flies that the fish don't laugh at. Hmmmmmm.

To fish in short sleeves again.

------------------
    [url=http://www.native-waters.com:4568e]http://www.native-waters.com[/url:4568e]

At this point,I just want to fish.This time of year brings on depression(or so says my wife).One of my goals every yr is to fish one more day than I did the previous yr.

Mike

To get onto some fish before I get a lot grayer...

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Blog Entries

I would like to hit the white bass run. I have yet to catch them in numbers with a fly rod.
    Steve

------------------
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"-Will Rogers
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread