+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Your Goal?

Ohiotuber -
    I'll take you up on that when it gets a bit warmer! I'll throw the Hobie on top of the Ford and we'll float around a bit. Your email address is interesting. Me fathar's family caem o' the big pond in 1848.

Donald

I'll be trying to get one of those really big alligator gar that live in lake guerrero, sounds like my 12 wt will get some action hehehe there are fish over the 100 lb mark there, and a friend of mine has a ranch there and he has seen them evrytime he goes there, so good place to start the quest for a 100 lbs alligator gar.

CC

CC,
    If you get one please take a photo and post it. What fly will you be using? I can get them to hit but I have trouble sticking one.

Robert, I'll be using some tilapia imitations as well as some mouse imitations and some epoxy flies I had success before, not with the big one but with fish up to 20 pounds, I use those owner hooks with and X like point, those are the only ones I have found to do the job, flies in 3/0 to 5/0 range, if I catch one I'll post it here first thing

CC

I would dearly like to add carp to my list this year. I've seen some really large ones even in some of the small creeks I usually fish. Poke, I live about 35 miles from Arbuckle Lake, and there are indeed some nice carp there. I have taken my canoe across the lake and up into Rock Creek in the spring, where I saw a tremendous number of carp. I have also seen some up in Buckhorn Creek on the other side of the lake. I wouldn't mind a bit if you guys would allow me to join you if you do make it to Arbuckle.
    Larry Compton

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

My goals this year are:

1. Fish lots more
    2. Learn to cast better so I will quit scaring bystanders and wildlife!
    3. Learn to tie flies better, so that they sort of resemble the pictures when completed!

+ Reply to Thread