+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waist pack or keep the vest

Mike,
    My vest got too heavy & cumbersome, so I switched.
    -Just bought a William Joseph Mini II chest pack with Christmas gift certificates..love the tippet dispenser & has an area large enough for my big bass flybox.
    -For summer weather, my Columbia PFG shirt (large pockets & 30 SPF sun protection) & a lanyard.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Me, I use the vest in the colder months, and when it gets to hot I switch to a fanny pack that I slide to just off my left hip to prevent the tangled line thing.(I cast with my right hand)...

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Rex,
    Those may be a new version of the shirt I use. I don't know for sure. I got one of mine out of the closet and the label says "100% cotton lining: 100% polyester", whatever that means. Mine aren't hot at all. They have a vent in the back that the Oklahoma wind blows through and you know from experience how nice and cool an August breeze is here in Oklahoma about 4:00 in the afternoon on a nice sunny day.

Grubb:

Duh. I am so stupid. I'll have to try that. I'll also have to get my stripping basket back from a friend's boat.

mfielder,
    I have been considering the same thing. I figured that this way I could have my trout and bass stuff ready to go and not have to switch stuff out of my vest. At any rate I think I am going to get one of the new bags brought out by Simms this year. I like the fact that they are waterproof. This way I can keep my license, wallet, or other items in it I don't want wet. It seems to be a decent size for keeping things in and yet not too large to make it cumbersome.

Tight lines
    Jeff

The Mayfly pack holds a couple small fly boxes, and any necessary tools. Combine that wiith the Filson fanny pack (that I wear over a hip...the fanny is big enough, thank you!). The best of both worlds, everything possible is handy, nothing to interfere with casting, and if needed, a jacket or rain poncho can be folded over the web belt of the fanny pack and worn behind you. Haven't worn a vest since I fell in and all the pockets filled with water, adding about a thousand puonds to the vest.

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I use a ziplock bag with about a 20 flies it it. Stuff it in you shirt pocket and your good to go. Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread