+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GUMMY MINNOWS

Default GUMMY MINNOWS

I READ ABOUT THESE IN THE FF SECTION OF AN OLDER ISSUE OF LA. SPORTSMAN. RETAIL FOR $6.00 EACH ACCORDING TO CATCH. HAS ANYONE MADE ANY OF THESE? HE MAKES IT SOUND LIKE THE HOTTEST THING SINCE THE HOOK WAS INVENTED???

I don't think they're all that great. Once the fur and feathers quit workin, maybe I'll consider it. I like the tradition and history in fly fishing. Don't get me wrong now, it's a good idea, just not something I'm gonna go for, espescially at 6 bucks a pop.

i don't intend to spend $6.00 each either but i would like to get info for making them.

Cabellas sells them for 4.75 in size 2,6. They look like they might work but it looks like fur and feathers with some flash would have more action. Give it a try if you want lemme know how it works for you. Cant you make it out of sili skin.

-Zac

------------------
    The way to a flyfisherman's heart is through his fly

I've not tried a gummie minnow but I do use small panfish and bass assassins. These are soft plastics that go for about 20 for a buck and a half.

I have used them with great success. they sell around here for about 4.50. I bought the materials to make my own and it is expensive too. Also very hard to work with. The stuff sticks like crazy to anything! They are very durable though and can stand up to a lot of trout before falling apart. (saltwater trout that is, with teeth)
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread