+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bantam boats

Default bantam boats

hello everyone. been lurking for awhile and really enjoyed alot of the q & a on here. I have learned sooooo much from ya'll and want to say hi and thank you.
    I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of bantam boats manufactured by Tracker? Want to use them on small water ie. small oxbow lakes and small bayous. Did a search on this website but have seen no other strings about it...
    Thanks again,
    Jamey

Hi Jamey,
    Welcome! Glad to have you!
    I don't recall seeing a thread on those boats either...aren't they the "hard shell" almost mini pontoon boats powered by electric trolling motors?...If so, I've seen a lot of them here in Ohio...seem to be more popular with folks still young & strong enough to wrestle them in & out of a pickup truck & they seem well suited to that, although they do weigh in excess of 100 lbs if I'm correct. Are you looking at 1 or 2 person craft?...Believe me, you'll get a lot of suggestions for canoes, kayaks & kick boats...your mind will be whirling....there's a lot of knowledge here & you'll find we'll always share.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

River Rat,

I looked a lot last spring at many small bass boats and bought a Bass Brat by Splash Marine. I looked at the Bantam boats but to me they didn't compare. I like the kick boat idea but there is no way they can be as comfortable as my Brat. The wife and I truly enjoy it.

Dan

Thanks Mike and Dan.
    Your right Mike, the bantams are little 2 seaters and weigh appx 85 pounds. I would love a kayak but I can't see myself not fishing with my best bud (my wife). And there is NO WAY I'm gonna be in a kayak with her (poor thing would cut herself on a basketball...real graceful).
    As far as kick boats, I'm not sure what they are. I did see Hank Parker use a kayak with foot pedels once. Real cool. but to find one and find a 2 seater..not sure.

Hey Jamey,

I've seen the Bantams and even fished
    out of one once. No major problems with
    them as long as you store them out of the
    sun and don't abuse them too much. Kind
    of a pain unless you own a truck or spring
    for the trailer. Often, you can find a
    used jon boat, trailer and a 9.9 outboard for about what you could buy
    the Bantam, trailer, trolling motor and
    battery. Just a thought. Warm regards, Jim

Jamey,
    If you both are flyfishing, there may not be adequate room on the bantam. I love canoes, & 2 can flyfish well from one...there are some very light & stable models out there. I also saw that Hank Parker show..a couple guys on our board have those yaks...they're made by Hobie & they're neat & $1,000+. Seem to be a 1 person craft. WeNoNah Canoe makes a wide, stable 14' canoe, the "Fisherman", weighs just over 50 lbs in Royalex & about $800.00-it'll be my next 2 person craft. I've had 3 canoes before & love 'em. Now just the float-tube, but they are limited in useage.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread