+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deer Hair Video

Default Deer Hair Video

A number of years ago I had a really good video on using deer hair. The video had great segments on making deer hair frogs, mice, etc. I had great segments on making multi-colored bugs, trimming hair, stacking techniques, and numerous other topics.

At our local fly club meeting the other day a new member asked me questions about making deer hair bugs. I told him I had a great video and would loan it to him at our next meeting.

To my great dismay, I can't find it. I probably loaned it to someone else who never returned it.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the title of the video or who did it as I purchased it many years ago.

Can someone give me some good advice on a deer hair tying video/DVD I can recommend?

Thanks.

Chris Helm is really becoming known as the guru of deer hair around the upper mid-west. He is in Toledo, Oh. I think he has a website, but can't tell you the addy. I also think you can find him in the Toledo phone book, but not sure. I am positive that William Fitzgerald, who posts herre on FAOL regularly, has contact info for him, and I'm likewise confident that Chris will have some sort of valuable information you can pass onto your friend.

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

R Nelson,

Guys like Jimmy Nix and Dave Whitlock have videos out there that demonstrate different deer hair techniques very effectively, as do many others.

From your description, this sounds like one of the Nix vidoes that I've seen, he goes pretty deep into the techniques. Could be anyone, though.

Still, a decent fly shop should have a catalog with all of those available in it, or at least most of them.

Maybe you can figure out which one from the description?

Good Luck!

Buddy

------------------
    [url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:86adb]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:86adb]
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Chris Helms---www.globalflyfisher.com/staff/helm/selecting Toll free--1-800-579-5549

------------------

Bill

+ Reply to Thread