+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Fun Afternoon

1. Default A Fun Afternoon

Heya guys,

Went to a local park with the family on Monday. I caught 2 carp in between bar-b-qing and hanging out with the wife and kids. I also had a couple of hook-ups that I lost. This is a pic of the second one caught. My boy was helping me hold the rod so he deserves some credit for this:

This is my first picture with me and a carp I caught(I had a little help). I usually fish alone and don't keep fish outta the water long enough to take pics. The wife was ready with the camera long before I landed this guy.

Just wanted to share a nice experience with you guys.

Jambalaya

[This message has been edited by Jambalaya (edited 02 March 2005).]

Kewl, thanx for the pic. Your son seems happy about the fish... Glad you and your family had a good day out.

------------------
    Spelling and Grammar not subject to judgement...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Jambalaya,
    Great picture! My bet is that you landed that carp ONLY because of your son's skill & expertise, right? The picture seem to say, "Look what I caught Mommy!..and Daddy helped!".
    Thanks for sharing.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Nice fish, handsome son, you're a lucky guy! Congratulations.

Good lookin' fish. Lucky you had some help, looks like you'd have been whooped without your son there!

by the time your son is your age he will be telling the story that HE caught the fish and YOU helped him.

7. Default

This is the only photo of the actual fight that was taken, and it clearly shows us each with a hand on the rod:

Thanks for all the nice repsonses guys. It really was a fun day. BTW, I forgot to mention that the fly I got these guys on was the Yellow CCC from the fly of the weeks section in the 4th quarter of last year. I didn't bother with soaking the eyes in salt water, but other than that it's the same fly.

Gardenfish, I'm just hoping he still wants to fish with his dad by the time he's my age... whoever caught the fish doesn't matter ...

Thanks again for all the kind responces. I had a nice day and posted a picture, your kind input made the day even more special for me.

Later,
    Jambalaya

+ Reply to Thread