+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Info on North Georgia

Default Need Info on North Georgia

Hi all,

Me and a buddy will be traveling to North Georgia on April 21 through April 24. We will be staying at the Unicoi State Park for a little Mountain Biking and Fishing.

Does anyone have any info they can share on fishing that area, specifically the Smith Creek DH section below the damn of the lake? Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Also, how is the warmwater fishing in the lake at the park?

Thanks
    Alan.

------------------
    Alan Grant

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Others will have more info than I. Unicoi Outfitters is a fly shop in Helen that will be very helpful to you. ngto.org is another website that should be helpful. Good luck,
    bd

There is a very good book by Jimmy Jacobs called "Trout Fishing in North Georgia". In this book he lists virtually all the streams with directions access maps and tips. It is not very expensive and I think you might find it very helpful for your trip. If you can not find a copy, let me know and I'll lend mine to you.

Jim Smith
    Stockbridge, Georgia

Alan,

The State parks in Georgia along with the Federal parks have stockers as far as I know so egg patterns have produced the best for me when I was up in Hiawasee. Dries and wets have worked too at times for me but I typically have used these for the wild trout waters. Wildcat State Park east of Hiawasee and Chattahoochee Federal Wildlife Management Area (Chattahoochee River National Forest WMA) in Helen is a good one
    also.

P.S.
    The parks used to stock on Tuesdays or Thursdays. I would find out the stock days if I were you so I could get there early while there are still some fish left after stocking.

There used to be some good LMB, bream, and speck fishing in Lake Barton. Lake Chattuge (hope I spelled it right) at Hiawasee was pretty good when the water levels were up.

Good luck .

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 02 March 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

+ Reply to Thread