+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings From Basic Training

Default Greetings From Basic Training

Hey FAOL
    Hope the fishin' has been good.
    BCT is fun(and finally over) here at Ft. Jackson. On to Bragg until July.
    I am under the assumption that there will be SOME time for fishin' on my very coveted days off from AIT.
    But enough with the acronyms.....
    The only regrets about basic training is that there was camping and guns, but no fishing. Perhaps we can all write to the general...

Talk to ya's when I get back to the good ole' Grand Cazam state in July,
    Dan
    It's.....Just....A.....Stick...!!

back in the day yo I went through basic at ft. jackson. in the dead of summer. it was miserable.

hang in there and keep rockin'

mgj

Hi Daniel,

My son finished Basic at Ft. Benning and is now with the 82nd Airborne at Ft.Bragg. Best of luck to you.

Allan

Daniel,

Good on ya, my friend. I spent a little time at Bragg myself, back in the day. Great post!

One word of caution. Don't wear boots with your class A uniform. Those paratroopers will cut them down to low quarters for ya.

Ron Eagle Elk
    US Army 1SG (Ret)

5. Default

Thank you for your service to your country and all its citizens. Illegetimi non carborundum!!! (the motto of my second submarine..."Don't let the bas--ards grind you down.) JJJJ

------------------

Daniel

Sorry I did not know you were in basic. I would have writen a long letter to your Drill Sgt asking him to be kind and gentle to you and telling him that you need a lot of sleep and time off for fishing. "G"

I hope your training period is a snap, that you get the MOS of your choice, and that your wish list is granted.

BCT and AIT when I served were pipelines to combat. I wish you a long and healthy career.
    Doc, now known as
    Stev Lenon
    former SP4, 91B20

A little advice from an old Jar head. if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, shoot it anyway. if it goes boom then you are safe. if not you got dinner.
    Lots of luck and keep both your head and tail down, you don't want lead in either end.

------------------
    Every day that I wake up and everything still works. Is a good day.

Did mine at Ft. Leonard Wood and remember going through the enfiltration (sic) course in a downpour that left my skivies Pink from all that red clay!! That was '61 so you know where I went!
    If you ever get to Michigan we're going campin' and fishin'!
    Hold up your left hand palm forward and point your finger at the base of your ring finger, that's Evart, MI. Try that with Florida!!

------------------
    Cactus

Hey Dan,
    Thank you so much for your patriotism and contribution to our grand country and to our way of life, neither of which are offered up nearly enough by the beneficiaries of your sacrifices. Nuf said there.
    Did AIT at Leonard Wood also. Is the trout crick still nearby? Lots of turtles yet?
    .....lee s.

+ Reply to Thread