Stevens Creek Reservior just got its first trout stocking of the season and is due for another on the 4th.

That means the bass in there should be hanging out around the launch ramp and dam waiting on that next meal to be delivered.

I've caught crappie there before but you have to get out on the water for that...

Calero can be fished from shore and I've caught bass there on spin equipment. I've seen plenty of fly fishers there too.

How far are you willing to go for fishing opportunities? There are some lakes within an hour or so's drive that rent boats so you can get out the water if you want.

Lake Del Valle in Livermore has largemouth and striped bass...some smallies too I think. Bluegill are in the lake along with catfish and trout.

You could hit O'Neil Forebay for stripers also but you have to bring your own boat, tube, whatever.

You can get a list of county parks that allow fishing by pointing your browser to:

[url=http://parkhere.org/:c3243]http://parkhere.org/[/url:c3243]

Click on park activities, then water recreation, then look in the middle for a fishing link...scroll past the warnings not to eat the fish (mercury contamination from old mining activities), and you'll see a list of local parks with links to them and to CA fishing reqs.

Where are you coming from an how long are you staying? Loch Lomond opens on the first (Tuesday) in the Santa Cruz mountains...nice scenery, a bit tricky to find, you can rent row boats or fish from the shore. Bass, trout, bluegill...

Ocean fishing is available also. Lots of charter boats.

You could fish the delta for stripers...

I think steelhead season in the Santa Cruz mountains ends at the end of Feb (check the reqs first!!!!!).

Some places require barbless, some places don't care. Make sure you know the rules for where ever you're at!

Let me know if you need more info/links. I can also point you at some local shops that can help you find what you're after. San Jose Fly Shop, Mel Cottons, Reed's, Fisherman's Warehouse...any of them should be able to help set you up on local water.