+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert's Rules; or, These truths we hold self evident.

Default Robert's Rules; or, These truths we hold self evident.

Here are a few of Robert's Rules of fishing.
    1. If you tell a friend that the fishin' is fabulous and that he'd better get down here fast, it is certain that the fish will not bite when friend arrives. Also known as placing "the kiss of death" on the bite.
    2. When fly fishing and one or more people gather to admire your casting, a tailing loop is inevitable on the very next cast.

Can you add some of your own Rules to the list?

If you respectfully decline any friendly wagers with your fishing buddy, you will catch the most, the biggest, smartest, etc. and subsequently pull your hair out wondering why you didn't take the bet. If you do take the bet, you will lose.

If non-anglers are watching, you will never hook a fish.

Jim

You always need the fly box you left at home...

Good Luck!

Buddy

P.S. HEY ROBERT! Notice the 'link' below? I Finally figured out how to put up a rudimentary website AND got both pictures on it AND made the link work!!! So, if you want to see some (not much image space) pictures of the glass work, it's there....BS.

------------------
    [url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:b6e49]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:b6e49]

[This message has been edited by Buddy Sanders (edited 04 February 2005).]
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Buddy,
    Very nice work, man. You know my favorites--the jumping largemouth and the trout. I didn't know you were such a handsome guy. I first thought that was Clark Gable with a flame thrower in his hand. Your glasswork is every bit as creative and beautiful as your flies. What would you charge for a glass carp tipping up on a damsel nymph resting on the bottom? Yes, I'm serious.

Nice work, Buddy. Nice to put another "face" on a poster. I'm e-mailing my cousin and niece, one who lives there and the other who's coming to visit, to look you up.

Oh, about those things that can go wrong. Three times now I've had my spool fall completely out of my reel while fishing and talking up the beauty of fly fishing. Once with a local daily newspaper writer who wanted to do a story on someone doing something different. "Is that supposed to be happening?" he asked, pointing toward my feet. We were wading, and the spool was just spinning in the current. About two miniscule turns from having all the backing in the current. I even have a picture he took of me holding the darned "crow's" nest. JGW

Buddy,

Just Wow.

J

Thanks all,

I'm just excited that I finally took the time to figure it out.

Buddy

------------------
    [url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:b43a0]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:b43a0]

[This message has been edited by Buddy Sanders (edited 05 February 2005).]
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Nice website Buddy, finally joined the 21st century!!! Let's fish. Not going to the Juan this month.

Blog Entries

let's see, assuredly when you decide that "that wind knot in the tippet will be OK for now".... need I say more?

Or, "I am tired of tying, I only have three of this pattern and that will surely get me by this trip out"

Here's one from my own past experience, while out in a boat on Lake Benbrook west of Fort Worth,"how interesting, that sure does look like a tornado doesn't it?"

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:57920]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:57920]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

+ Reply to Thread