+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the one person you'd like to get into this wonderful

Default Who is the one person you'd like to get into this wonderful

For me it would have to be my wife. This is such a beautiful, relaxing, creative way to spend a day, I'd just love to get her out there with me. To me, women are naturals for fly fishing. I don't know why more of them don't participate. Probably because, like my Kathy, someone's got to take care of things while Hubby flyfishes. With her artistic ability she'd be tying creations like Buddy's, Hatch's or Chevy Van's in no time. She would far surpass my clumsy ability as a tyer. She'd have to pack a lunch and a good book though because I know she'd never have the maniacal, mad-dog ferver I have for the sport.

Robert, none of my four girls has the slightest interest. I'm hoping one of their husbands will find that spark.

Jim

Dear Wife has a sweet touch with her fingers. She is an elegant woman. I would love for her to fly fish so that I could learn from her.

I'd love to get a brilliant non-fishing buddy of mine on the water.It would be great to have a Giarch/Best type relationship.

Um I mean Gierach!Sorry,my typing skills aren't great.

My son.
    He's not really an "outdoor" type person.
    I can get him to go with me once a year or so,and afterwards he'll tell me what a great time he had, but the next time it will be "not this time dad".
    Fly fishing was the one thing that my father and I had in common and I still take him a few times each year. He can't fish anymore but he loves sitting in his wheelchair on the bank watching.
    (You would be amazed at what a good angler you can be when it's not you doing the casting )
    Maybe when my boy is older he will grow into fly fishing (17 next week).
    Till then I'm not going to push him.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Blog Entries

that's easy! My wife. If she had the same interest and passion for it then I'd be fishing every weekend. of course I am fairly sure that she would make me look like a buffoon but that would be OK.

She tells me that she will have to take up fishing soon though, because our youngest son loves to fish and she says that going fishing is the only way she'll get to spend time with us

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:9e10e]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:9e10e]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

My grandson is in training for fly fishing, he is already doing well. Then will be the prettiest blonde haired little girl in the world. OK she is my granddaughter.
    But those are captured they will be easy.

I have a lady friend that was one of my nurses when I was sick, her son is one that I am going to be teaching but I sure would love it if she would get in there with us.
    I am going to try to trick her into loving this sport, the same way I have tricked a few others. I will have her bring the camera and sit and watch. There is a place on the Tampa Bay in a state park where she can sit at a covered picknic table and watch me teach her son and boyfriend this beautiful art. I teach the whole package, taking care of nature and all that we discuss. hauling out the garbage and picking up after others.

I am not 100 % sure of this but I might just get a little more out of teaching someone this love of mine than I do in fishing. I have caught more fish than I can count. But each time Sue(my wife) catches one it just fills me with pride and warmth. I could not imagine not passing this passion on to someone else.

Good thread Robert, I am surprise there are not more post on it.

Robert I have found that with my wife the work is never done, so I use that to get her on the water. If your wife is an artist, and draws, tell her I would like a sketch of you fly fishing. I have a friend that is an artist and she will be doing one of me as soon as she finishes a few other projects. Tell your wife I have room of one of about 11x14. You might just find that she catches the fever.

Good luck to all that want their wives out there, to me it is one of God's gifts to me that Sue is a fly angler in the making. She is hitting a mail box at 65 feet now. She will be attending the Fish-in in Florida and I am hoping that she catches one of Bill's trout.

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 07 February 2005).]

I've been trying for years to get my wife and my college-aged son into fly fishing. Sharon did it on a NZ trout stream last year, and although she didn't catch anything said she had really enjoyed the experience. Yet, she didn't pick up the rod again all of last year. Now my son? He really enjoys cerebral activities and could be really good. He claims to have a few affairs to take care of first. He now has one under the belt, his first "official" woman friend, someone he feels the family would like. He still has a couple of senior years left in him at the U, at least until the well is dry. Then maybe. We'll see. JGW

Harold,
    I am so glad you're feeling well again. Kathy and I and many of your friends here prayed for you. Kathy and I were and are so appreciative of the time you spent with us trying to teach us to post photos. I thought we finally had it figured out but, alas, I think not. She even hired a computer guy to show her how and he posted a photo of me from his computer but she couldn't make ours work. We even have a different computer (Dude, we've got a Dell now, as the guy on TV says) and it's supposed to be new and improved.
    I agree with you. It's wonderful to be able to pass flyfishing on to someone else.
    Robert

+ Reply to Thread