+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headed to Utah!

Default Headed to Utah!

Hey warm water gang! I got laid off work today! No pity please, I was going to retire in a few months anyway. Paves the way for the completion of my planned move to Utah.

Not to worry, I checked in advance. The area of the state I'm headed to has lots of bass and 'gill water. And a local oddity they call "trout". I wonder if people fly fish for them?

Jim

Blog Entries

Jim,

If you say no pity then no pity it is. Sounds like you have it all under control.

And it also sounds like you will be moving to a target-rich environment fishing-wise so it sounds like a good deal.

Will you up in the mountains, out on the desert or other? Shows how litle I know of UT geology.

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:f8256]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:f8256]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

Jim,
    Cool! I hope you enjoy yourself as much as I think you will. Don't forget your friends here. Keep us posted on the fishing and all your new adventures. What a change that will be from your home in Texas. I hope you've got some good trout water near you too. Contrary to popular belief, trout are game fish too, you know.

Robin, it is under control. We are locating in Cedar City, very close to the southern tip of the state. Elevation about 5800ft. At the edge of the high desert, within minutes of mountains, national parks, and miles and miles of BLM lands. Several reservoirs within an hour, and Lake Powell is just a few hours away. I'm going to have to beg Robert for some striper fishing tips.
    [url=http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/fishing/weeklyreports.html:53fef]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/fishing/weeklyreports.html[/url:53fef]

A real culture change from central Texas where everything is privately held. You fellows up north at least have Davy Crockette.

JIM

Robert, it is a long awaited change for us, and one we have been working toward the last year. I know it sounds strange, but my forced retirement was a blessing. Both time wise and financially. Construction on our house has already begun, should be completed by August. We'll have lots of room for visitors!

Can't tell I'm excited, huh?

Jim

Jim,
    Congrats! I've never been to Utah, but I have heard it's beautiful. I'm sure you'll keep us posted!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Hey Nowindknots,
    When you get settled in, give me a holler.
    Am willing to point you in the right direction the best I can.
    Welcome to Utah.

Jim,
    You lucky rascal! You're gonna love striper fishin' on Lake Powell. I've never fished it but I hear it's good. I've seen some Lake Powell striper fishing shows on TV. You'll probably need a boat. Good luck with the stripes. They're a whole other game. Let me know if you need some help. I'll tell you what I know.

Mike, I'll always hang out here. From what I've seen, I've got a lot to learn. Very little bank vegetation. LOTS more wind. Colder winters. I'm really looking forward to learning the new waters.

Panfan, you bet! I'll give you a shout once I'm settled in. We have a daughter in SLC, so we will come up that way often. Let's hook up.

Robert, I've seen similar shows. It's not just the stripers though. I understand it is a very productive small mouth fishery. Rounded out with panfish. All I've got right now is a canoe. But if it takes a boat to explore that water, there's an open slot in the new garage. And I deserve a retirement gift, don't you think?

Jim

[This message has been edited by nowindknots (edited 02 February 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread