From Marlow, the organizer:

"I hope everyone enjoyed the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things turned out well for the day, in spite of the typhoon like weather in the afternoon. Actually, a typhoon would have been warmer. As usual the wind was unpredictable so our scores mint nothing, the reason for the average score being the winning score. Some were casting into the wind while others had the line carried deyond incredible by the wind. It's just a crap shoot.

The average score (left and right added together) was 231'10"

First place prize, the G-Loomis rod, went to Fred Partington with a score of 232'6"

Second, Third and Fourth prizes worth $200.00 each went to:

Brian Lincho with 228'10"

Tim Galinas with 228'4"

Greg Pen??? (I can't read it) with 225'2"

I'll deliver the prizes to Fred and Brian and Mike Kenney will deliver them to Tim and Greg. Prizes 2 through 4 are each a $200.00 credit at River Run Anglers in Carnation. That six hundred was donated by our friend John York and the Rod, an 8/9 GLX Dredger, by G.Loomis, which retails for $810.00. That will be the first of that rod in Fred's group and I bet it sells several more. In my estimation it's the perfect winter steelhead rod for the Skagit with the same action I have been using for several years, though the G.Loomis rod looks much nicer than my old rod.

I want to thank all the volunteers, contestants, instructors, and spectators for making the outing a success again. And thanks Steve for the demonstration, incredible is the word that comes to mind, and thanks for the great first prize. The manufacturers have been very generous over the years but this is the first time for such a large cash donation, Thank you John. G.Loomis and CND had an array of rods and lines for us to play with. Aaron Reimer had another commitment, a better cause than ours, and wasn't able to be there this year. The cash donations by the group paid all the expenses with enough left over to by a gallon of gas or about 2 gallons of beer. Thank you guys.

A special thanks to Dorothy Teeple for keeping us in hot coffee all day, you may have even saved some lives. And thanks to all those men ad women who put the potluck together, including the nice warm fire in the stove.

I hope see you all on the river.