+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st Annual Maine Distance Fly Casting Contest

Default 1st Annual Maine Distance Fly Casting Contest

Press Release

The State of Maine first annual Distance Fly Casting Contest will be held at the Fryeburg Fair on October 3rd at 3 PM at the Swine & Goat Grand Stand (They must really know Jake with a location like that.) There will be adult and junior classes and all casters are welcome. There is no charge for registration and there will be awards for the top
    three competitors in each class at the awards ceremony following the contest. Some sponsors have contributed prizes for winners in each class and there are many more for the other contestants. The Fryeburg Fair is the
    largest fair in northern New England with about 350-400,000 attendees.

This event is sponsored by LL Cote's Sport Shop, Temple Fork Outfitters Fly Rods, Buzzards Bay Fly Fishing and many others who have contributed prizes for this annual event.

All are welcome to participate with the competitors names put into a hat so
    all have an equal opportunity to win the prizes contributed by many companies in the Fly Fishing & Outdoor Business. This is designed as a fun event from which all can learn to become better casters.

For more information contact Jim Grant at LL Cote's at 603-482-3313, Bob Hatch at 207-651-7460 or Jake's office at jakes@mva.net.

This is an event produced by Jakespearean Enterprizes.

The results of this and the New Hampshire event would probably be interesting to read. Any report?

Allan

Allan, RW here

I was tying flies in our fishing club's booth and manning the booth during the fly casting thingy so I didn't get to participate. Wish I had taken the time to get down there so I could have at least put my name in the hat and maybe won something cool. But I didn't.

For folks that don't know, the Fryeburg Fair is the largest county/state fair in New England usually attacting in the neighborhood of 400,000 folks during the weeklong event. This fair is an annual event going back over 150 years.

Last year our booth, The Sebago Lake Anglers Association, won the award for most interest by fairgoers.

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-

[This message has been edited by Royal Wulff (edited 05 October 2005).]
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

+ Reply to Thread