Glad that there are a few more interested - I think we'll have a better turn-out once things get more organized.

The tentative location for the Fish-In is at Hidden Creek Cabins in Bryson City, NC. We have the Redwood Lodge (http://www.hiddencreekcabins.com/thelodge.html) being held for us until Tuesday, April 12. There are five bedrooms sleeping 8 persons in queen beds, with room for 5 bodies more on couch/futons in the living area. There are three night's stay to be paid at $45/ per night for the beds - if we get more than eight for the bedrooms, there will be a reduced price for those sleeping on the futons, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (maybe it'll have a bridge pool?) There are also 10 camping spaces next to the lodge with full hook-up, for only $10/night (includes towels for the showers).

If you go to the web site and take a look at the lodge, you'll see it has everything we could want for our Fish-In - a big kitchen for those wanting to cook (maybe a group chili-thing or whatever), three bathrooms with towels provided for all staying either in the lodge or those camping out, a lot of couches, and some great tables for fly-tying in the evening if anyone has any energy or attention span left after fishing all day. A lot to offer.

If you are interested in having one of the beds in a bedroom, you will need to contact the owner, Kevin, to reserve a space. He will need a $45 deposit (one night's stay) paid by either credit card (preferred) or check mailed to his address. (Identifiy yourself as attending the Fish-In) WE NEED TO FILL UP THE EIGHT BEDS IN ORDER TO RESERVE THE LODGE for the four day, three night event. Kevin is extending a courtesy to our group by giving us this price, and doing individual reservations - normally, he gets $400 + tax per night for the lodge, and requires one person to ante up the whole deposit to hold the place.

So, having the Fish-In at Hiidden Creek Cabins' Redwood Lodge (boys and girls, it is ideal for what we want to do! And inexpensive - the average motel room in the area is $75/night!) will require seven more to call Kevin with their commitment and deposit (I've already given him mine).

Once we have worked out whether or not the lodge will be the site for the Fish-In, I'll post more as to the possible activites available, liscence fees, etc. - and yes, DVC, there wil be somebody attending to take you to the Nantahala DH section (I call this stream/area "Ego Builder") to help you learn more about trout fishing). BTW, Bryson City is at the south edge of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park - there are more than 500 miles of trout streams within a 90 minute drive of Bryson City! As I mentioned in an earlier post, a trip across the lake to fish Hazel Creek in the park is a possiblity.

OK, waiting to here from y'all as to your intentions - appreciate everyone's interest so far!

TL,

Dave Cassens