+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restoration

Default Restoration

Many of us ask what we can do at the local level to improve our enironment in a big way. Sacramento California has a project which turns discharge from sewage treatment into wetlands restoration and more. Please check out the following website. It could be a model for your community.
    [url=http://www.srcsd.com/buffer.html:d05ed]http://www.srcsd.com/buffer.html[/url:d05ed]

In most communities this water is wasted. It doesn't have to be.

In some areas "reclaimed" water is used for parks, golf courses, etc. Water laws may prohibit reuse in other areas. It is really a pretty complex subject Allyn

With all due respect Allyn, I feel that one of the biggest stumbling blocks to getting things done is the phrase " It is to hard, too difficult, too complex, or there may be a law against it." Check out the website. You will see how a community of over 800,000 people overcame all of these objections in a state where one group or another is opposed to everything. The result is something far more spectacular than a golf course.

[This message has been edited by bluehackle (edited 05 April 2005).]

In Rock Springs, Wyo., all the city green belt, city parks, and the cemetery are all watered with reclaimed water. I am amazed at the number of people who don't know this and have lived here as long or longer than I have. In areas that are water deprived, or how ever you put it, reclaimed water is a blessing. It sure makes for a nice green in the high desert countrty.

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

blue -- I wasn't trying to say hat you did was not good since it was very much so. I just wanted to point out that water laws are variable from state to state and need to be understood before undertaking a project. I personally don't think we make enough use of reclaimed water for a lot of things. After all we are all drinking dinosaur p...! Allyn

+ Reply to Thread