Sent about half a dozen nymphs that I tied to my buddy in New England and told him to try them, maybe as a dropper, next time he visited his "hidie-hole" brook trout pond. Received the following quoted e-mail from him a couple of days ago.

"Winter is passing rapidly, been real easy so far, went fishing with my brother yesterday over on Lake George.(IN NY state) Weather couldn't have been better, 58 degreees on the ice no wind. Used the beautiful flies U sent me, they worked great on perch also. Toward noon the fish stopped biting so I decided to move out to deeper water, cut a hole and started catching real nice perch, all of a sudden I hooked on to a very large something, played tug of war for about 3 minutes, up close to the hole 6 different times, finally he decided he had enough of the tugging and he was going to give all he had, needles to say he broke the line right where I had tied the dropper fly. I would have liked to have seen him.. We think it was a big lake trout. I have never had that happen before while ice fishing. Was a really fun day, kept 50 real nice perch, in fact I'm going to cook some for supper."

Am trying to photograph the few simple steps used in tying this fly along with the recipe and, if successful, will forward it to LF & JC for possible use on FAOL. Was excited to find out that it catches perch too as it was tied as a trout fly. Maybe the Warm Water forum folks can give it a try too. Can bass, bream, etc. be far behind? Hope so...