+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's interested?

Default Who's interested?

Just something we were kicking around in chat tonight. It may be a little late to make it an "official" gathering/fish in, but who would be interested in a possible get together around mid-May in the La Crosse Wisconsin area? There were 4 possibles in chat and it could be a great time/area to fish.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

What part of Wisc is La Crosse? [South, mid, etc.] I'm in N Indiana and might be interested. I guess I can get a map, but don't have one currently.

Donald

Beadleach... it's in the west southwest part of the state on the Mississippi River in the middle of some great trout streams.

Mike

------------------

Patrick McManus

[This message has been edited by maddog48 (edited 10 April 2005).]

And a beautiful area I might add. I'd love to come as I haven't been there in over 25 years. My plate is already pretty full. Thanks for the offer...

Vic

I'd be very interested if there was a "warm water component" involved. Doubt if I'd travel that far for trout. Smallies, sunnines, LMB -- you got a deal. JGW

Maddog -
    Please keep me informed as you develop the plans. I'm not sure yet but I'd really like to try and make it. I had actually thought about making a trip to the area this year! It looks like a REALLY interesting area. I have to be honest - I am more a smallmouth fisherman than trout but have been looking to "branch out" since I retired. Email me if plans firm up.

Tks!!

Donald

Here's a coupla maybes. My spice's folks live there. A little fish-n-visit sounds good.

I just might be able to make that. Not sure yet I may have to show up by myself but if not it could be 1 maybe 2 additional.
    JGW - I never fished it but I bet that the Black River has smallies in it. That is just north of LaCrosse.

This wouldn't be an official fish-in, just a get together of some guys that want to fish. I'll look around though for a few places to hit in the La Crosse area for those that would want to spend a day or two and some warm water fishing for those that want it. What days would be good for anyone? I'll be up that way for a family wedding on the 8th and am planning on being there for about 3 weeks so my schedule is pretty much wide open.

Mike

------------------

Patrick McManus

The folks are coming to visit us on the 7th, which is also the trout catch-n-cook opener, so later weekends in the month would be better.

+ Reply to Thread