+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drug Free Trout Bum Pulls "total stoner move"

Default Drug Free Trout Bum Pulls "total stoner move"

I was fishing today and somhow lost the most complete skwalla box in the valley. I had patterns of all kinds in there and about 20 bugmeisters that I just tied the other day. I retraced my steps several times and my only conclusion is that it fell out in the river and floated away. Someone I know from another board lost two rod/reel combos the other day, so I guess it could be worse. What's your biggest stoner moment?

left for a quick fishing trip close to home, got my vest, fly boxes, hat, shades, rod, water left the house and got about a mile down the road cell phone rang, left my reel sitting on the table. OOOPS

------------------
    Every day that I wake up and everything still works. Is a good day.

beached my kayak on an incoming tide to fish a marsh bank. as i was fishing i caught this big green thing floating by out of the corner of my eye. my kayak. oh, yea, there was a yellow thing in it too. my pfd. i had to drop the rod and reel, pull off the wading shoes and swim for it. close as i ever want to get to drowning...

Dear Benjo,

I left for a three day weekend and forgot my duffel bag with all my clothes and toiletries.

Thankfully it was summer and I stopped at a WalMart for a pack of undies, some gym shorts, a couple of t-shirts, and some deoderant and toothpaste and such.

The trip went on without a hitch though i did get a few comments on my styling blue plastic luggage with the smiley faces.

I NEVER, repeat NEVER forget fishing gear.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

Not fishing, but I left for an elk hunt once in '82. Picked up all the folks that were going and had to return home after about an hour to find my newly-wed sitting on the front porch waiting for me with my longbow in her hand. After 23 years of marital bliss, she still reminds me from time to time. To her credit, when she reminds she relates a horse back riding trip she went on without her horse.

------------------
    A free gift waits for those who ask.
    -----------------
    Lotech Joe

Went fishing in the Smokies today, got there and discovered that I had everything I needed except I had left all my flies at the house an hour away. Had to make a trip to Townsend, to the Little River Outfitters to purchase a few flies. When I got home I put a box of flies in the glove compartment, so this won't happen again. John

------------------
    I wish you everlasting flies and tight lines.
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

I was fishing the Barton River in VT and lost an entire box of midge flies. I retraced my steps to but it must have when in the drink.

Bill

------------------
    Bill

I saw your box Saturday and it was full of some NICE flies. Sorry to hear that Benjo!!! I'll hook you up with some flies next time I see you. About two or three weeks ago I rolled up my power window on my passenger side. I looked over to find the tip of my rod broken. That was my most recent moment but certainly not my first. Scott

Shad running, rigging rod in a hurry, hooked middle finger with pink ersatz fuzzy grub...size 8. Couldn't back it out and had to go to ER where nurses commented on the pretty sparkly fly! They had to cut it and push it all the way through. No wonder I couldn't get it out! Can't wait to get the bill. Did I mention this was yesterday... and this isn't the first time?

Just call me klutz!

Friend of mine named (fishless Steve) leaned over a bridge span to view the river several years ago. What popped out of his vest?? His fly box ,that fell 30 feet into the river and then floated away...last seen rounding the bend in the rapids. Bright yellow box bobbing up and down.

+ Reply to Thread