+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's on your plate?

Default What's on your plate?

Eat your heart out! I just finished an increadle meal of MidWest grilled beer brats , yellow mustard on them with some Ohio sweet corn also cooked on the grill, and a nice grilled long hot chile pepper fresh from the garden. However the best is undertaken as I write....a huge dollop of french vanilla bean yogert ice cream with fresh from my field black raspberries. The best is its hotter than hatties out and the berries are super warm...man o man do them melt into the ice cream and create a taste sensation that is hard to beat. No way Jose does it get any better!! Well maybe some of the tubers fudge to plop on top?

Hope you have a barf bag nearby!

Allan

[This message has been edited by tyeflies (edited 19 July 2006).]

Just got the grill fired up and some porterhouse steaks ready to hit the fire. Have the sweet corn to go with them. Going to top that off with a piece of blackberry pie.

Rocky

Real Midwesterners eat field corn.

Mine was Kratieum Prik Thai. My bald head was sweating, nose running and eyes watering all at the same time. I need some of that ice cream Jonezee.

------------------
    Steve (Rookie)
    Steve

Grilled pork with Willinghams as a rub. Fresh sweet corn. Now that was good.

The sweet (field)_ corn hasn't tasseled here in SE Michigan yet. any day............Duckester...and I suppose you make your Ohio bed with wheat straw and Hope us Michigander;s don't notice. I have lots left to share....let me know when you will be by.

I'd absolutley love to have a dinner that included brats and buttered corn. Potato salad and deviled eggs on the side.

I don't like to eat desserts right after the meal, but there would be some really rich ice cream as a snack later.

After a good night's sleep, there would be scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage for breakfast. A cheeseburger and fries for lunch.

Unfortunately, I've reached the stage in my life where this is no longer a good idea. Can't take any more artery clogging or blood sugar elevation.

They are happy memories I am happy to have, and occasional indulgences when I feel the need for a treat. But I place more value on the memories I will someday have of future sunrises, sunsets, time on the water and family gatherings.

Take care of yourselves, folks!

Here you go oldfrat, how about something nice for lunch or dinner, a bbq grilled salmon salad, lightly seasoned salmon filit with seasalt, and freash ground pepper, little good olive oil, cook on a bbq with alder wood. served on a bed of freash garden greens and a light balsomic vinager dressing. mmm good.
    Ghost

Thanks, GrayGhost. I have really had to make changes in my diet and get back to exercising. Bought a new belt today as I ran out of holes on the old one.

+ Reply to Thread