It's been un seasonably hot here for the past while 35 C and not cooling off much at night 25 C maybe if we are lucky. Needless to say water temperatures have risen and the fishings been lousy as a result. The last few nights we have got some heavy rain and thunder showers which have cooled it off alot.

Well I haven't been out fishing for almost two weeks because of the heat. ( I don't care for it and the trout tend to agree) The trout were not very active this morning but I would have probably landed some pan fryers from this small stocked lake.

When I get out this morning I don't have my go to fly box. I search frantically for it nothing, not this pocket or that pocket of the vest......maybe it fell out in the car, nope nothing. I fish for a bit with what I have but have very little luck, one small rainbow who got off and never came back for what I had or anything in my other two boxes......and the best flys I had were all in the one lost box.

Frustrated I put the gear away in the car and just watched the lake and poked around the lake to see what the trout were taking, not able to fully enjoy it as my best flys were in my lost box. All I could think about was where is that box I spent hours tying, so I went home to see if it was there and nothing. Thinking about it could it have fell out of my vest when I was leaving the lake last time I was there in the darkness? Possibly. Dispite being a small lake with a dedicated few that fish it I doubt I will see my box again, it was a Holiday weekend last I was there and as a result well travelled by folks unknown.

I guess I'll have to spend more time at the bench and re-tie everything I can remember that was in the box. Not that time at the bench would be bad it's just I need to go by more materials and hooks to replace everything ( also not a bad thing), it's just the time I don't have right now to be ready for tonight's hatch or to be ready for any good fishing this weekend........I just get Mad when i loose things so it isn't the best for relaxation which is why I fish.

O'well lost it nothing I can do except tie a box of better flys and move on. Guess I"ll be more careful and put my boxes in more secure vest pockets in the future.

-Hillard