I just got back from fishing in Central Washington, Rocky Ford and the like. Anyway, I was driving around the Potholes Reservoir Wildlife Area looking for a good place to toss a fly at some Crappie or 'Gills. I crossed the boudary of the Potholes Game Reserve, keep in mind the the sign said EXACTLY, "No Guns, Traps, or Dogs Beyond This Point." Anyway, it didn't say hook and line fishing, so I kept a-goin' down the gravel road, noticing all of the bullet holes in the Game Reserve signs. Anyway I got to a spot on the shore that looked promising and I look in the water and what do I see? A carp with it's tail blown off! At first I thought, "What could have done this to a carp?" It was a nice sized Mirror Carp probaly 30". I then made the discovery of numerous shotgun shells along with VERY numerous carp pieces, skeletons, and the like. I think some wierdo stood on the bank and killed all of the carp with his 12 guage. I never did find any Crappie or 'Gills either. Has anyone else found this rather disturbing phenomenon? Any theories other than this one?
-Fly_Fisher_12