I still clearly remember my youngest daughter's first fish. She was also 4 years old at the time. I took both the girls to our municipal park lake, and rigged up their Zebco Snoopy rod and reel outfits with a bobber and worm. I showed them how to cast and told them to watch their bobbers. I walked around the shore for a few minutes, casting plugs, but kept an eye on them. Just as I walked up to them, Johnna's bobber suddenly went straight down underwater with no hesitation. I told her to set the hook. She did so, and when the BG jerked back, she threw the rod down and ran away, looking back over her shoulder with a look of fear on her face as if the fish might be coming out of the water after her. When I told her to grab the rod and reel in, she just shook her head fearfully. I reeled up the fish and we took it to her grandmothers to get a picture. She was rather proud of "her" fish even if it did scare the poop out of her. I still have the picture. Although not a really big BG, it was the largest I have seen come out of that lake. I'll never forget the look on her face as she ran away.

Larry Compton