Well, we had to go this morning and put Mandy our English Springer Spaniel to sleep. She was 13-14 years old and she hadn't eaten anything for almost 5 days, she could hardly move and her breathing was very shallow, it was a very, very, sad day. Helen and Krystin cried a lot when we took her to the clinic, and I didn't really enjoy doing this to my hunting pal I've had since she was just a puppy. Somethings are really hard to do, and this one was especially hard. Today I had to say goodbye to an old friend, she was a great bird dog and a fighter all the way to the end, she will be sorely missed.

There are no words to express the feelings that come forth when you turn and leave your precious souls in the hands of someone else, and certainly no words to describe the feelings that come rushing forth as I right this. These are emotions that cut like a knife, quick and right to the bone.

My family lost a member today and she won't soon be forgotten. Wherever she went today, a part of me went with her!

Sorry for dumping this on my friends at FAOL, but I couldn't hold it in any longer and had to share it with someone, I hope you understand.

Terry