+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orvis "Buzz Off"

Buzz what?

I don't buy into the buzz off clothes to well.I take vitamin B1 instead.A daily dose and no more bites.I still get buzzed but the number of bites is down 95 percent.
    Wife taught me this said it worked for her in Alaska been workin here for me for 5 yrs.
    Dennis

Thank you all for the great advise. Jonezee

LL Beans also has Buzz Off. Shirts are good quality and work as well as Orivs Buzz Off. Whatever is cheaper.

I wore one for 5 days fishing in Maine's Black Fly season and it worked well but to be truthful all shirts seem to work well if you have the sleeves tight to the wrist and the collar tight to the throat.

jed

I also don't buy into the buzz off cloths. I take my once a year bath on jan 1st and that seems to work very well no bugs or come to think of it no people bother me either.

Just started using pants, shirt, and hat (they make great gifts). I need "tall" sizes, and have only found them at LLBean. Got one o' those Exofficio hats with the attached neck wrap too.

Just got back from a brief shot at the Costa Maya flats. The stuff worked great, protecting me from sunburn, flies, and rain. Was nice to just throw the stuff on and not mess with repellant or much lotion. The guide was swatting his ankles.

Am hoping for good things in the muggy Maryland summer around water and brush (mosquito heaven). Mosquitos are more than just a nuisance now.

I have given them as presents a couple of times and gotten back good reports. I haven't gotten around to getting any for me yet though.

I bought a Buzz Off hat once. Did not know it was Buzz Off though until I got home and noticed the tag inside the hat for it. It was ok I guess. I can't say that I noticed a lot of difference in the number of bites though. Maybe a shirt or the pants would work better, but personally I can't justify the cost. One shirt costs more than 2 cases of OFF!

Last year I was wearing a head lamp that attracted all sorts of buzzin, biting creatures. Remembering I had a Buzz Off hat in the car which I just won at a TU meeting, I went to the car and put it on along with the head lamp again. All I know for sure is not another bug bothered me all night.

+ Reply to Thread