I sent in my bootfoot waders to Simms for evaluation due to some leaks around the seam where the boot meets the wader. I tracked my UPS shipment of the waders to them, and it took exactly one week.

After they had the waders in their hands for over a week, I called them to find out what was going on with my waders. I was told the the service rep was on the other line, and might be a while, but that she had just sent an e-mail to me with all the info. Great, I'll just get the e-mail with my info. Two days later, still no e-mail (I still haven't received it), so I called again.

I was told that the needed repairs would be about $100, but there was no guarantee that they work, and I would do best to use them as a back up, and try to patch them myself. In fact, they were going to include 2 patch kits when they sent them back. Fair enough, they've seen some serious use over the years.

Well, the waders arrived (strangely, it took 2 business days longer than the trip out there took). No patch kit anywhere in sight. I'm gonna call them about it.

This wouldn't be so bad if it were the first time, but it's not. I sent them in last year, or the year before for repair. When I got them back, they leaked in exactly the same place as they did before being sent. I called them up and insisted they issue a call tag to send them back to Montana (to their credit, they did). I explained that I had an upcoming trip, and needed these waders back by a certain date. The waders did not make the trip with me. They got back to me after I returned from the trip.

Maybe I'm too demanding, but in my eyes they are 0 for 2 in customer service. I needed new waders, and I thought about companies that have never failed me. After looking at several brands, I ordered the LL Bean waders online Sunday. They were at my house on Tuesday, and in use Tuesday night. I'm betting that I can count on LL Bean to provide great service if needed. As for Simms, I'm done with them for now.
End of rambling,

Jeff

------------------
I work only so that I can afford to fish