+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gas prices

Me too!

The alternative would be FAR worse.

Jim

Night Angler;
    Another thing to consider is mileage. I gain about 7% with one brand over another.
    It takes at least 3 tankfulls to work it out and be sure to fill the tank to the brim.
    Looking for the cheapest may not be the best way to go. That extra mile 1/2 per gallon is worth more that a couple of cents!

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

I was explaining to DH yesterday that gas went up from $1.60 to $1.70 about two years ago (boy, was I mad that evening when they changed prices). I'm sure there is less crude oil on Earth than two years ago, but I'm also certain that we haven't depleted the supply THAT much. Of course, Exxon/Mobil wasn't making record breaking profits back then either.

I sure wish US and Russia would strike a deal with all the Siberian crude so we can tell Opec and Venezuela they can take their oil and shove it down the pipes.

Back in 1999, in need of a new truck, I almost bought an F-250. Ended up with a little Ranger instead, and I am SO glad that I bought a small truck now! A bit slow pulling the pop-up trailer up the hills, but well worth it. Whew!
    DAN

Hey Dan,

Back in 96 I bought a new Ranger
    step side with the 4 banger, FI and aluminum
    wheels. Love it. Still gets a bunch of
    miles per gallon, tows my little bass boat
    fine, and it's been paid for a long long
    time now.*G* Warm regards, Jim

When They anounced the conflict in Iraq,one of our neighborhood gas stations skyrocketed its prices to $9.00.They got caught with reciepts from charge cards.
    When I got the new car I sold the boat and trailer bought a canoe.(every seen a green canoe on a green Chevy Aveo)flip the car and paddle off.Canoe is 7 ft longer!
    Now with the prices hovering around $3 here there are more SUVs in town than ever before. GO FIGURE!!!!
    Dennis

Hey Folks,
    Know what you mean. My wife and I have one car that we share and we carpool as well. I began taking the bus to my college once I got back into school(GO Longhorns!!! Maybe you have heard of us, just kidding). After I got back from Operation Iraqi Freedom I just didn't want to use a lot of oil. I also try to think of ways to reduce my oil usage like recycling plastic etc. Anything helps, right.
    Sarge.

I bought a used 2000 F250 4 door, auto, 4wd Lariat. First Ford I ever owned. Love it. It runs on Propane or gasoline. Tags for this truck were $207. I went to DMV and proved I had a Clean Air vehicle. They refunded $188. My tags are $19. It had just a 20 gal tank for propane but they will only fill it to 80%. So it holds 15 gal. I added an 82.5 gal propane tank to the bed. Have another truck with longbed so didn't mind losing the space. People say you get less power on propane. I pulled my 30' toy hauler with a motorcycle and a quad in it.....to Apache Lake, stayed a week and came home. Gasoline gauge still said full because I made the round trip all on propane.....that I paid $1.74 a gallon for. Didn't need any more power....oh it's a V10. The money I save on tags alone is worth it, plus paying about half what diesel and premium gas costs. I have figured conservatively I can go 1,100 miles before having to stop for gas. And I bet I could do 1,200.

Just FYI....it will probably blow up tomorroww.

Gem

+ Reply to Thread