+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boot-top flippers

Default Boot-top flippers

Hi Gang,

I recall a while back somebody mentioning boot-top flippers. The kind where the flipper is on top of the boot so you can walk if need be. Know where these can be found? Thanks.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

I think I saw them in the Orvis catalog, worth a look.

Dan

Dem gators are gonna eat you! You still can't run fast enough with the flaps on top.

How has the fishing in FL been?

I had to cancel my trips to Stick March and surrounding area 2-3 times because of bad weather. I don't know if I'll make it now.

Rawthumb,

No Istokpoga, huh? Your loss. Fishing has been pretty good the last few weeks since the more severe cold fronts have passed. I don't need the boot-top flippers for running . I don't see many gators on the smaller recreational lakes here where folks (and tourists) swim, boat-tube, and water-ski, and that's where I use the cat. Thank you, FWC! I do see them more on less protected waters like rivers, large canals, creeks, and Istokpoga but I don't usually put the cat in where I know there are large numbers of gators. I am always alert for them. I just avoid them and leave them alone. So they leave me alone. They know what a boat is (even a catamaran) and tend to leave boats alone anyway.

Dan,

Thanks. I saw those at Orvis but they (the fin flaps) are really tiny.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 11 April 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

The Orvis fins are repackaged Waterskeeter Amphibi-fins: [url=http://www.oregonfishing.com/finsinfo.asp:d3db5]http://www.oregonfishing.com/finsinfo.asp[/url:d3db5]

check the waterskeeter.com site too. I've been using them for the last couple seasons and they work well. The fins are not "tiny" in the least. They are not overly long but wide, I think they look shorter in the pictures than regular type fins but people forget that on those regular fins a lot of the blade is covered by your foot anyway. Since the Amphibi's aren't built that way they look a little different. The propulsion is good though and you won't have any problems. Easy on and off and great to walk in if needed. I can't compare them to the gold standard adjustable force fins but for less than half the price they do a nice job. later, SPB

Isn't almost everything from Orvis repackaged something or other?

Jeff

Yes, that's why you may want to check out Gart or Sportsmart...got mine there on sale for a lot less.

By the way, though not perfect they're ok...and did have one of the felt pieces come off after a short time.

[This message has been edited by ducksterman (edited 12 April 2005).]

Phil,

Saw scuba fins but not boot-top fins at Gart and Sportmart sites. Did I miss them?

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Robert,
    I'm not sure but I don't think the Waterskeeter Amphibi-fins are the ones you were asking about but since the thread had switched to them I was indeed talking about the Waterskeeter Amphibi-fins.
    Incidentally, since getting them they seem to have gotten more plentiful and I see them in more stores and catalogs.

+ Reply to Thread