+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to rant.

Default Time to rant.

Well I got my original fly"Robb's little Wiggler" as fly of the week. I sat by my computer waiting all week for the raves and kudos to come streaming in. Surely it was so brilliant that when I logged on Monday it would still be there deserving an extra day, but no it's gone. Where's LL Bean, cabelas, and Umpqua lining up to pay me millions for my creation? I was ready to quit my job and join the professional fly tying circuit to dazzle people with my creativity and expertise.( not to mention the groupies). TV appearances 2:00am infomercials untold riches coming my way. I'm still waiting for the offers.
    In all seriousness for the most amateur of amateurs I really felt honored to be allowed to make a contribution. Thank you.
    PS I'm now working on a Bunny Streamer that I use for Northern and Musky for future consideration.

------------------
    "Illegitimus nil Carborundum"

Would that be B.S. for short? Sorry Coach.....just couldn't resist. We are certainly looking foward to seeing your pike streamer.
    ....lee s.

[This message has been edited by lee s (edited 22 May 2006).]

Coach,

Well, I saw it, ... liked it, but had such a wild week at the office, I didn't have time to comment.
    I even only had time thursday to finally send the dries off to Anthony :O (even though they were up and ready for the past 2 weeks)

I, like you am pretty honored that JC 'n LF let me ramble away on their Site (it always amazes me that folks actually read me stuff ).

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:16b9d]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:16b9d]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:16b9d]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:16b9d]
    Christopher Chin

Coach,,, sorry, but you will notice that these guys "LL Bean, cabelas, and Umpqua" are not supporters of FAOL. That MUST be the reason!

Hey Coach Robb,

Your 15 minutes of fame only served to
    whet your appitite huh?*G* I know the
    feeling.

In all seriousness, your FOTW certainly
    has a catchy look to it (pun intended), and
    I could envision a number of good reports on
    it's effect on bluegills elevating it to
    near cult status.*G* Warm regards, Jim

Coach;
    Samples are a good way to get a new product noticed. If you were to send, better yet BRING, 5 dozen of each color to the Michigan Fish-In I will personaly see that they are distributed throughout the US and Canada. After I take my 10 % agent's fee of course!! That's 7 fly's time 4 color's.....hmmmm..., so it's less than 10% but who am I to argue!!
    We could also have a book signing session, you do have a book don't you?
    Better yet, we could have a "Get Your Photo Taken With 'Coach Robb'" session! For $25.00 with you presenting a fly of each color. I would require a 25% fee for this and you would have to stand the cost of film, processing and mailing.
    Ahhhhh! The making of a STAR!! It's a rough job but someone has to do it!!
    Coach that is one great fly and of course you know I'm just have some fun with your post. I'll be tying some of those up for my favorite BG water's. There goes my material budget for this year!!

------------------
    Don't forget the Michigan Fish-In August 14th to the 20th. The Holy Water's of the Au Sable await you!!

Cactus

Jack I really wanted to attend the fish-in in Mich.,but football practice starts the first week in August and as coaching is my other passion I'm not comfortable blowing off that commitment.
    Maybe if JC and Ladyfisher would like it I can share the Salmon fly I tie for my defensive players and suspend in a clear glass ornament that I've given to each player at the awards banquet in the past years.

Hey Coach - we've love it have it
    As I recall you are going to send us another too....

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I want everyone to know that I started a thread on the fly-tying board about this wonderful fly! As an aside, what level of football do you coach? I too am addicted to football, and coached a couple years back in high school, some of the best times I had, but now I am a druggist, but in my later years I will return to the sidelines and run the wishbone to perfection.
    Drew
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

Hey Coach,

I did a google search to find out about
    the V-rib material you used on your fly. It
    was interesting that out of over 160,000
    hits, your FAOL Fly of the Week was the
    2nd listing. Looks as if it got a lot of
    hits in only a week.*G* Warm regards, Jim

+ Reply to Thread