Wow, am I P***ed. Frothing at the mouth and ranting as I type this.

Drove over to see how well the ice is melting off my favorite home waters fishing hole today (not very well -- still lots of ice in the shade). Somebody has cut down a live, green, 30 inch diameter blue spruce tree to fall across the river as a 'bridge' to cross over. I know it was for a bridge since they also shagged the limbs off the top for easier walking.

Ever heard of waders, you @#$^&^#$s? So I know it was not fisherfolk. It's high school and college graduation kegger party season here now, along with ATV, jeep and motorcycle season (and, unfortunately, 'mud-bogging' season).

Had I caught them in the act, I'd probably be in jail for what I would've done to them on the spur of the moment, in the middle of the national forest a half mile from the road. Tho I sure wish I'd caught some license plates....the USFS has a 'book of damages' for what to fine people depending on what they destroy in the forest.

Ironically -- they had NO idea how to use a chainsaw -- they felled it without notching! Incredibly dangerous and stupid, and they are darn lucky they got it pushed over the river (must've taken 3-4 dummys pushing while one person sawed) instead of falling on them and their camp.

The trash they left is bad enough, but killing a live, 300 year old tree to make a foot bridge in our National Forest???

Alas, no grocery store receipts or such with their names on it in the trash -- I looked carefully! USFS busted some kids for starting a forest fire here a couple years back from a soggy Safeway receipt.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent here.
Grrrrrrrrr.....
DANBOB