+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denver

Default Denver

I'll be in Denver the first week of May. The wife has three days of classes toward the North end. I'll have 8 hours a day to fill. I fish in the southeast part of the state. I may have to meet her for lunch on these days so I need to stay within an hour or so. I think we'll be up around 106th ave.
    Thanx

Hour drive from 106th, cuts out some nice areas. Poudre and BigT are nice rivers, but barely in range. S. Platte is just out of your range. Rocky Mt National Park fishing is slighty over an hour as well.

Big Thompson is a good bet. You can get to the lower canyon for sure. It's 60 miles from I25 and 104th to Drake, which is mid canyon. Estes Park is also about 60 miles, if you don't drive up the BigT canyon. Rocky Mt National Park fishing starts at Estes Park. If you have the time, I'd spend some time up there.

Poudre is a little too far, 75 miles to Poudre Park.

Clear Creek is the closest drive. 20 interstate miles to Golden, and you can fish from west of Golden upstream. Above Idaho Springs (40 miles), the fishing is better, but it's along I70.

St Vrain, Boulder Creek and Bear Creek are in your driving distance. Decent small creek fishing.

Those are the trout streams that I know about. There's lots of small warmwater resevoirs that are much closer. I don't fish them much, but, if you're interested CDOW has a booklet called "Fishing Close to Denver" with lots of information. Some of them are within a few miles of where you'll be.

[This message has been edited by Bruce Norikane (edited 12 April 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread